The Churchill tank has a strong case to be acclaimed the best British tank of World War II. The centerpiece of this manual is the restoration of Churchill tank Mk IV, T31579, built in 1941. T31579’s return to running order has been undertaken with the assistance of the Tank Museum at Bovington, where it has been put through its paces in the arena at Tankfest. Churchill owner, restorer and author Nigel Montgomery looks at the Churchill’s development, construction, and its war record, and gives a superbly illustrated insight into returning T31579 to running order.
- Insights into the construction, operation and maintenance of Britain’s best infantry tank of World War II.
- Restored with the help of the Tank Museum, Bovington
- One of only a handful of Churchills in running order worldwide
- Author has an ongoing restoration project with two other Churchill tanks
- Hard Cover
- 160 Pages
- 250 Color & 50 Black & White Illustrations