Pictures of the Chicago Great Western rolling stock are of the equipment painted in C&NW colors with CGW reporting marks. The Minneapolis & St. Louis, Des Moines and Central Iowa and Fort Dodge, Des Moines and the Southern rolling stock is mostly seen before C&NW paint. The rolling stock photos include many cabooses both wooden and steel in predecessor railroad paint. There are also many C&NW heavyweight passenger cars seen in this title.
The first in a two-part exploration of the myriad equipment of the Chicago & North Western and the companies it acquired in the 1950s and 60s.
- C&NW 1980s Business Train, pp. 4-11;
- C&NW's Passenger Car Fleet and Business Cars prior to 1980, pp. 12-25;
- C&NW's Commuter and Bi-Level Fleet, pp. 26-30;
- C&NW Cabooses, pp. 31-44;
- Auto Rack Cars and Trailers, pp. 44-47;
- C&NW Non-revenue Equipment, pp. 47-66;
- Chicago Great Western, pp. 67-76;
- Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha, pp. 76-84;
- Des Moines & Central Iowa, pp. 85-86;
- Ft. Dodge, Des Moines & Southern, pp. 86-93;
- Litchfield & Madison, pp. 94-95;
- Minneapolis & St. Louis, pp. 96-122;
- Leased Cars, pp. 122-128.
- Hard Cover with dust jacket
- 128 All Color Pages