Mountain railroading is an appealing theme that crosses many regions and all eras.
With its dramatic scenery and challenging operations, mountain railroading is an appealing theme that crosses many regions and all eras. Respected author Tony Koester offers insight into layout and track planning, and compares narrow gauge with standard gauge railroads. Essential advice on achieving realistic mountain operation is included, along with tips for working relevant scenery into the layout.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Mountain Railroading Magic
- Chapter 2: Slim- vs. Standard-Gauge Railroads
- Chapter 3: Mountain Railroading Pros and Cons
- Chapter 4: Signature Characteristics
- Chapter 5: Motive Power Equal to the Task
- Chapter 6: Design Tips for a Mountain Railroad
- Chapter 7: Operating a Mountain Railroad
- Chapter 8: Mountain Railroading Sampler
- Soft Cover
- 96 Page
- 150 Color Photos